Summary of : Quantum Computing & Security held on Monday, November 13th, 2023 from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
Our panel of Jen Sovada and Scott Buchholz led us through the latest Quantum developments and use cases moderated by Deb Dunie, CTO Roundtable Board Member:
- Quick overview of the Quantum Triad: Compute, Sensing, Secure Communications
- Current trends and uses of Quantum Computing for Enterprises
- What high-value use cases should enterprises focus on?
- Any risks on quantum security that we should be prepared for?
- Some cool implementations (that Sandbox and Deloitte can speak about)
Quick background on the Panelists:
- Deloitte's Global Quantum Computing Lead, Scott, helps organizations get value out of quantum computing today and into the future.
- Serves as Deloitte's Government CTO, helping Government agencies leverage emerging technologies, including AI/ML and Generative AI.
- 30+ years of enterprise domain and emerging technologies experience.
- President, SandboxAQ’s Global Public Sector focused on Government issues at the nexus of quantum and AI to help solve problems that are not possible with classical computing today and Fed100 winner.
- 25+ years of experience with the Air Force focused on higher-end technological capabilities.
- Associate Professor at Georgetown University, teaching graduate-level Quantum Information Sciences and National Security courses.
Scott led the session as Jen could not join.